My ear phones ALWAYS get tangled in my bag or pocket and its so annoying when you want to listen to music walking home from school and by the time you've untangled them you're over half way home. By wrapping thread around your head phones in a 'chinese stairway' pattern they'll never tangle again!
you'll need earphones and embroidery thread (i used anchor's multi coloured thread in rose (1320), flame (1315) and iris (1325))
1. Secure your headphones on a flat surface with masking tape. Tie a standard knot around your head phones with a piece of embroidery thread that is twice the length of your headphones.
2. To start the pattern, take the thread that is on the right hand side and put it under your headphones, then over the left piece of thread.
3. Then take the thread that is on the left and put it over headphones and into the loop that is on the right. If my explanation of how to do this is to confusing, go onto youtube and search how to do the chinese staircase.
4. Continue step number 3 and you should have something looking like this. You always have to start on the right as the pattern will not twirl around if you do it left to right.
5. This is optional and I wish I had just stuck with the same colour but if you want to change colour or add more thread cut the ends with about an inch left sticking out and coat the ends in clear nail polish. This will stop them fraying and make it easier to braid over.
6. Tie a loose standard knot slightly above the end of the last pattern and as you tighten it slowly bring it down to where the last knot ended.
7. As shown here.
8. Repeat step 2 and 3, including the ends of the other colour in with the headphones so they're not sticking out. And do this until you get to the end of your headphones and tie them off with a standard knot again then you're done.