For a while now 'claw' nails or 'stiletto' nails have been popular with a lot of celebrities, I first saw Demi Lovato rocking them, then Lana Del Rey and now the whole Kardashian family have their nails shaped like this. Since I have been obsessed with Kylie Jenner for the past few years, as soon as I saw she had her nails like this I thought they looked so cool, so I have started to try and grow mine out like this. Kylie posted a photo of her nails on instagram and I had seen Lana Del Rey sport this particular nail art only with red tips. I loved the look of them, so I thought I would give it ago my self.
1. Try and grow your nails out as long as you're comfortable with as this effect will look better with longer nails.
2. Cut both sides of your nails into a point shape.
3. File your nails so they are not sharp, and make them as pointy or rounded as you prefer.
4. Once you have the shape sorted you can get started and paint your nails.
5. Apply a base coat to your nails to protect your natural nails and to make your design last longer.
6. Apply two coats of a light pink or very pale colour to your nails, I used Nails Inc's Elizabeth Street.
7. With a nail art pen start to draw a thin line from the middle of your nail up to the middle of the tip.
8. Do the same on the other side and join it up to the point.
9. Ticken the lines and make them as straight as possible.
10. Clean up the edges with a cotton bud and nail varnish remover and apply a shine enhancing top coat.
What do you think of these nails? Do you like stiletto nails or not? At first I wasn't too keen but now I love them.